Experienced Personal Injury Attorneys Handling Claims Throughout Indiana
Providing sound legal guidance as you seek compensation for an injury
After an injury, you may deal with a number of physical, mental, emotional and financial challenges. It is particularly frustrating if your accident was the result of someone else’s actions or negligence. If you’re dealing with this situation, the dedicated Dyer personal injury lawyers at Rubino, Ruman, Crosmer & Polen can help. We represent injured people throughout Indiana, leveraging our more than 165 years of combined legal experience to seek outstanding results.
Holding liable parties responsible for their actions
Personal injury laws protect individuals who have been harmed by another person or a corporation. The judicial system holds wrongdoers accountable for their negligent actions and promotes safety measures and regulations that positively affect our community. Our Indiana personal injury attorneys carefully strategize a successful approach to prove each element of your claim, including:
- The defendant acted negligently or recklessly.
- The negligent or reckless actions caused your injuries.
- These injuries were foreseeable.
- You had no preexisting conditions, there were no intervening causes, and you did not assume the risks.
Knowledgeable representation when accidents cause injury
It’s important to seek the guidance of an experienced and skilled attorney to handle your personal injury claim and help you seek compensation for medical bills, rehabilitation, lost wages, pain and suffering, disability, and the loss of future earning capacity. Our team can help with the following issues:
- Auto accidents. A serious car accident may have long-lasting effects, including debilitating injuries. It’s important to seek the compensation you need and deserve from the responsible parties and their insurance companies.
- Motorcycle accidents. Motorcyclists have equal rights to Indiana’s roads and highways, and drivers who fail to watch out for these smaller vehicles may be liable for the injuries they cause.
- Truck accidents. Due to the large size of commercial trucks, accidents involving these vehicles tend to be more severe than the average car wreck. Truck drivers, trucking companies and equipment manufacturers may all be at fault.
- Boating accidents. Recreational boating is a fun summertime activity in Indiana, but accidents caused by negligent or reckless boaters may result in very serious injuries. Boating under the influence is a common problem.
- Railroad accidents. These railroad accidents could be the result of a number of issues, including derailments, track obstructions, crossing signal problems, faulty platforms or on-train assaults.
- Slip and fall accidents. If you’ve been injured on a residential or commercial property, you might be able to seek compensation from the property owner for any injuries stemming from a slip, trip or fall.
- Products liability injuries. Manufacturers of dangerous or defective products must provide adequate warnings to consumers. If they fail to do so, they may be liable for any injuries those products cause.
- Workplace accidents. After suffering an injury or illness on the job, including construction accidents, you may need to file a workers’ compensation claim to get the benefits you need as you focus on recovering.
- Wrongful death. If a loved one died because of someone else’s irresponsible actions or negligence, you may have grounds for a wrongful death lawsuit.
The statute of limitations in Indiana is two years for personal injury claims, so you must file your case within that timeframe. For injuries or conditions that are not immediately apparent, the statute of limitations period starts as soon as the symptoms begin.
Speak with a dedicated personal injury lawyer in Dyer, IN
If you or a loved one has been injured in an accident, speak with the experienced lawyers at Rubino, Ruman, Crosmer & Polen right away. We proudly serve individuals and families in Dyer and throughout the state of Indiana. Set up a free initial consultation by calling 219-227-4631 or by contacting us online today.