A Skilled Legal Team Helping You Obtain Compensation After a Car Accident in Indiana
Offering dedication, honesty and integrity when you need it most
An auto accident can have a drastic effect on your entire life, as serious injuries may result in high medical costs and a great deal of pain and suffering. In the worst scenario, you may need to deal with the death of a loved one stemming from a car crash. For the dependable representation you need during this difficult time, you can rely on the experienced Dyer attorneys at Rubino, Ruman, Crosmer & Polen. We serve accident victims throughout Indiana and deliver honest guidance throughout each case. We work hard to achieve the best results possible for you and your loved ones. Working with an auto accident lawyer who cares about your well-being can make the legal process much easier.
Navigating complex auto accident cases
The aftermath of a car, truck or motorcycle accident can be confusing, but a skilled attorney can help you understand your rights and assist you with seeking compensation. There are many different types of damages for which you may need to pursue compensation, including current and future medical bills, rehabilitation, lost wages, loss of future earning capacity, emotional distress, and pain and suffering.
An auto accident may be the result of negligence on the part of several people or entities, including drivers not directly involved in the accident, a government agency that failed to maintain the road or a semi-truck company that acted carelessly. Even a mechanic or product manufacturer may be liable. Identifying all culpable parties is crucial, especially when the motorist directly involved does not have adequate auto insurance coverage.
Dealing with insurance companies requires the guidance of an experienced lawyer. The insurer is likely to fight your claim, even if you always paid your premiums and maintained a safe driving record. A good attorney fights insurance companies for the compensation they owe using solid mediation and negotiation tactics.
We are very pleased for our client and her son who were awarded a Jury Verdict for an auto accident in the Federal Court in Hammond on March 2, 2023: Mother received a Verdict of $250,000.00 and her son received a Verdict in the amount of $6,000,000.00.
What should you do immediately after a car accident?
No matter how minor or severe an auto accident appears at first, it’s important to take certain actions immediately afterward to protect your best interests. This includes the following:
- Call the police. After pulling your car to the side of the road (if possible), it’s important to call 911 and have an officer create an official police report. This can be valuable later, especially if you need to file an insurance claim or seek damages through a personal injury lawsuit.
- Seek medical attention. If you suffer serious injuries, it is critical to seek medical care as soon as possible. If your injuries seem minor, a visit to the doctor can wait, but you should still see a physician within a couple of days to get a record of the injuries in case they become worse.
- Exchange information. Get information from the other drivers involved, including their names, addresses, insurance information and license plate numbers.
- Ask for a police report. The officer at the scene should provide you with information about the accident report, including the report number.
- Gather information from witnesses. If other people saw the accident happen, get their names and contact information. You may need to share this with your lawyer in the event of a personal injury claim.
- If possible, you or someone else should take photos or videos of the accident scene.
Meet with a skilled auto accident lawyer in Indiana
After a serious car accident, don’t wait to speak with an attorney you can trust in Indiana. At Rubino, Ruman, Crosmer & Polen, we have a strong reputation for seeking the best outcome possible for our clients. For a free initial consultation, call 219-227-4631 or contact us online.