(1925 – 2010)
We are saddened to announce that Saul I. Ruman, partner and mentor, passed away on August 16th, 2010 in Dallas, TX.
He leaves us with a vast amount of knowledge and a foundation for us to continue giving the best service to our clients.
Saul I. Ruman was a native of Gary, Indiana, in the Northwest Indiana region where he attended high school at Horace Mann. He began practicing law in 1952 and remained committed to assisting individuals and families in his hometown community throughout his practice.
Saul assisted a wide variety of clients during more than 50 years of practice. He accumulated several honors and awards and is considered a key opinion leader regarding personal injury practice.
Saul’s clients benefited from his depth of legal knowledge and experience. Based on his proven history of success, Saul built a reputation for providing his personal injury clients with the highest caliber of legal representation.
During his career, Saul had the honor of representing Senator Robert F. Kennedy, Charles O. Finley, and former Justices Alfred Pivarnik and Donald Hunter of the Indiana Supreme Court, but was equally dedicated to all of his clients regardless of position or economic status.
- Indiana Bar Association (1952)
- United States District Court, Northern District of Indiana
- United States District Court, Southern Districts of Indiana
- United States Court of Appeals, 7th Circuit
- United States Supreme Court
Affiliations, honors and service
- Named in “Best Lawyers in America” (1993–1994, 1997–2006)
- Indiana Supreme Court Committee on Rules, member (1983–1992)
- Supreme Court Character and Fitness Committee of the Board of Law Examiners for the State of Indiana
- Indiana University School of Law Alumni Association, president (1972–1973)
- Board of Visitors of Indiana University School of Law, Bloomington, member (1973)
- Board of Advisors for the Northwest Campus of Indiana University (1973–1984)
- Northwest Campus guest lecturer, Business Law
- American Board of Trial Advocates, member (1985–1988)
- National Institute for Trial Advocacy, faculty (1983)
- Indiana Legal Services Fund, trustee (1978, 1984)
- Indiana State Bar Association, member
- Trial Lawyers Section, chairman (1970–1971)
- Indiana Trial Lawyers Association
- Director (1972–2011)
- President (1980–1981)
- International Academy of Trial Lawyers
- Member (1974–2011)
- Director (1980–1982)
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America, sustaining member (1982–2011)
- Indiana College of Fellows, fellow (1972–2011)
- Indiana Judicial Nominating Commission (1990)
- Indiana Trial Lawyers Association, Annual Lifetime Achievement Award, recipient (1997)