Mindy J. Heidel
Mindy J. Heidel is a Northwest Indiana Native who focuses her practice in all areas of family law. Using her experience as a wife and a mother, Mindy believes that her calling is to guide clients through some of the most difficult transitions in their lives. While in law school Mindy honed her litigation skills winning National Honors twice including an outstanding oralist award as part of her Environmental Moot Court Team, and with her partner winning the Loyola University Mock Trial Competition. Mindy remains active in her hometown of LaPorte serving on the Investment Committee of the Unity Foundation of LaPorte County and serving on the missions committee of her church. In addition to representing adults in Court, Mindy also represents children as a Guardian Ad Litem.
- Purdue University, B.S. (2001)
- Louisiana State University, J.D. (2005), Bachelor of Civil Law (2005)
- Louisiana Bar Admission (2005)
- Indiana Bar Admission (2007)
- Illinois Bar Admission (2008)
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Indiana (2007)
“Closing the Gate on Questionable Expert Witness Testimony: A Proposal to Institute Expert Review Panels.” Southern Law Review, Fall 2005 (Co-Author)
- Lake County Bar Association Family Law Section
- Indiana State Bar Association Family Law Section
- Certified Family Law Mediator
- Board Certified Family Specialist (2014)
- Congratulations to Mindy Heidel on becoming a Board Certified Family Law Specialist (Indiana) as certified by the Family Law Certification Board.